Mercator IT Solutions is looking for a Scrum Master/Delivery Manager to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Scrum Master/Delivery Manager with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
Mercator Scrum Masters are an essential component of our multi-disciplinary agile teams. You will ensure Agile techniques are adhered to by the Scrum team, acting as a mentor and coach on best practices to ensure that the team maximises the benefits that the agile development methodology provides. Your priorities will be set by your team members, under the leadership of their Service/Product Manager, and your role is to help them get things done by removing impediments and blockers. This is one of the most challenging roles in the entire digital team.
As a Scrum Master/Delivery Manager you will:
- enable your team members to create and run outstanding large-scale digital services using the appropriate agile project management methodology; learning and iterating frequently, and capturing Sprint metrics
- remove impediments/blockers to the Scrum team to allow continuous smooth development
- work with the Service/Product Manager to define the roadmap for your service and work with the Scrum team and other areas of the business to translate this into actionable user stories and sprint-by-sprint plans
- lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process for each sprint, helping Scrum team members to prioritise and self-organise around the work that needs to be completed against their capabilities and capacities
- facilitate the regular team agile meetings such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives; mentoring and coaching members to ensure all are focused on a common goal and working with an Agile mind-set
- actively participate in the Agile Delivery Manager/Scrum Master Community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and introducing best practice
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in delivering high quality digital projects and products
- Proven experience using agile project management methods
- Experience of management - setting direction, coaching/managing staff and being an enabler of change
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities on large-scale, high-visibility projects and employing techniques to deal with ambiguity
- Proven ability to challenge and remove any unnecessary barriers to service delivery
- Demonstrable experience in coaching and mentoring multi-disciplinary teams in agile best practice techniques
- Highly articulate and credible at a senior level, consistently delivering accurate reporting as to the current state of play with regard to the delivery of your service
- Strong negotiation skills and the proven ability to influence external partners, stakeholders and customers to secure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent understanding of the digital landscape and the opportunities for service improvement and innovation offered by digital technology
- A high degree of market awareness, with demonstrable experience of innovative approaches to procuring services and of managing relationships with suppliers
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals, communicating this in a constructive manner to support their overall personal development
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting