Mercator IT Solutions is looking for a Quality Assurance/Test Engineer to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Quality Assurance/Test Engineer with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
As an Agile Quality Assurance/Test Engineer you will work as part of a multidisciplinary agile scrum team to comprehensively test the digital products and services being developed. You will work in partnership with Front-end Developers to develop both manual & automated test suites. You will implement a testing approach within regular sprint cycles that will provide an effective level of assurance before regular service releases.
As a Quality Assurance/Test Engineer you will:
- collaborate with Service/Product Managers & Business Analysts to ensure that user needs for new digital services are fully understood and that user stories contain effective, actionable acceptance criteria
- identify test cases that are suitable for automation and work with the Agile Test Coordinator, developers and architects to define the approach to automated testing
- write automated acceptance tests that can be integrated into the software build process
- organise and perform manual tests when automated approaches are not possible
- develop test strategies that ensure our digital services function correctly on multiple devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, games consoles and other commonly used ways of accessing digital services
- test digital products for compliance with accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0
- participate in the wider testing community (outside of Mercator), building relationships with other testing engineers and identifying best practices that we can adopt
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of agile software development and testing methods
- Experience of automation testing
- Demonstrable understanding of test driven development approaches
- Scala code to automate tests using Selenium WebDriver, and rapidly learn other tools & languages as required
- Proven ability to independently research & communicate new testing technologies or approaches
- Detail-oriented: able to document and follow detailed instructions within test scripts and defect tracking documents
- Experience of testing software across multiple web browsers and devices
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of automated testing tools (e.g. Jenkins, jUnit, Cucumber, rspec, Selenium)
- Experience of web testing tools (eg Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience working as a test automation engineer, software developer, or other appropriate IT background, in an agile project
- Experience of API programming languages such as JSon
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting