Mercator IT Solutions is looking for an Interaction Designer to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Interaction Designer with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
Our Interaction Designers work as part of multidisciplinary agile scrum teams to deliver high-quality digital services. As an Interaction Designer at Mercator you will work with user researchers and front end developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user-focussed and successful services. You will produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts.
As an Interaction Designer you will:
- Work within agile delivery teams to produce and implement high-quality design concepts for digital services
- Work with User Researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused
- Design and deliver consistent, user focused communication material
- Partner with colleagues to ensure a consistent user experience across services, including designing reusable elements of a digital service
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example User Researchers and Business Analysts
- Deliver high quality digital service designs that meet web standards, ensuring that compliance with accessibility standards is built into designs from the outset
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines internally and externally
- Participate in the wider Interaction Design community (outside of Mercator), building relationships with other designers, identifying learning opportunities and best practices we can adopt
Skills and Experience:
- Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS and rapid prototyping
- Proven experience of designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web
- Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser
- A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design
- Experience of responsive web interactions design for mobile devices
- Experience of researching design with users
- Service design experience, including user journey mapping
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and the ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting