Mercator IT Solutions is looking for a Content Designer to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Content Designer with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
Content designers are responsible for writing the content that will help users. You will work with interaction designers, user researchers, developers.
As a Content Designer you will be responsible for:
- writing, editing and publishing high quality content that meets user needs and creates outstanding digital services that users prefer to use
- communicating credibly with a wide range of people inside and outside of Mercator
- making sure customer journeys are the best they can be
- managing relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
- being accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, easily understood, search engine optimised) and to the department’s style
- being accountable for choosing the best format for displaying information to the user - if we don’t have one, we’ll want you to suggest ideas or identify the gap
- monitoring the performance of content and tools and working with the Product Manager and a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviours and feedback
- identifying ways to improve the content and iteratively improving the product
- being at ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals and collaborating with others as part of an agile team
Skills and experience:
- extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- exceptional skills in convincing people that user needs and a usable approach is the only way to present information
- proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- proven experience of working within a web application development environment, proficient in writing Markdown, picture sourcing and editing
- experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting