Mercator IT Solutions is looking for a Business Analyst to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Business Analyst with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
As an Agile Business Analyst you will:
- Build highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer/stakeholder needs;
- Work collaboratively with scrum team members to deliver digital deliveries; fully engage and contribute in agile ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives);
- Take ownership and be accountable for sprint tasks;
- Produce user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Consistently produce work of a good quality, to sprint plan deadlines;
- Flag risks or blockers in advance and voice concerns but offer solutions;
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements;
- Seek continual improvement opportunities within own and other scrum teams;
- Assist/support user research/user experience activities for the team;
- Work closely with internal/external customers (public) so digital services meet user needs;
- Motivate self and others to do a good job, build a strong team ethos;
- Engage in a Business Analyst Community of Practice and share knowledge and best practice;
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Analyse and map the risks of this product approach and propose mitigation solutions
- Define how the predicted user and financial benefit can be realised,
- Make a recommendation for action against the analysis done.
- Need to be comfortable writing technical user stories for the delivery of APIs.
- Analyse propositions and assess the user needs
You will need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaborative team working
- Proven experience of working within an Agile environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of appropriate Agile tooling
- The ability to provide support and encouragement to others
- The ability to manage yourself and align with team goals
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary with pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting